Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Numbers are fun!

I love numbers! Numbers of all kinds to show progress on my fitness.

There are some people that don't get my fascination with wanting to know how fast I'm running, what my heart rate is, my BMI, % body fat, and the list goes on and on.

I can tell you.. that people that don't want to know, are afraid of their numbers! They don't want to get honest with their health. It's easier to just ignore it.. pretend you don't care. Just like weight.. not too many people weigh themselves on a regular basis. We all have an idea of what we weight.. and most people fib a lot on what they do weigh, and they are only hurting themselves because no one really cares what you weight. They should only be concerned with their own numbers.

Sure we all compare ourselves to others. Sometimes those numbers aren't telling you the whole picture.   Like muscle weights more then fat.. so you need a variety of ways to measure your fitness. Use other numbers to tell the whole picture of your health.

Don't be afraid to write it all down.. I wish I had written down more info when I was over weight.. I'd be amazed at how many inches I've lost, how much body fat is gone... how much lean muscle I have now compared to then.. The only numbers I do have are clothes size.. a 12/14 to a 4/6.. weight 188 max to now 137 on a good day!

I do write down all my new numbers. I will be able to compare those numbers as I keep working out, running races and staying fit. There will be a certain point where my progress is going to not change too much. That's okay too. Better to stay the same..

So get honest.. I'll write up a bunch of tests and numbers you can add to figure out where you are now..

1. Weight yourself today, now!_______ wt
2. Circumference measurements in cm.. waist_____, hips_____, thigh_____, neck_____, arms
3. Blood Pressure
4. Heart Rate, 1 minute count # of beats resting_____
5. BMI.. can calculate on line..
6. % lean muscle mass -calculate on line
7. Fitness tests: # sit ups in 1 minute
8. Fitness Test # push ups in 1 minute

I have plenty more but this is a good place to start! Get real.. get fit and start today.. learn to love numbers!

No comments:

Post a Comment