Thursday, October 4, 2012

The Hard Hours

My hard hours are from 1 to 6pm. I had an early lunch at 10:30am just because I get up at 4:30am and have b-fast at 7am. So by the time 10:30 rolls around.. Its lunch time.

Today at lunch.. I resisted the chocolate chip cookies I baked for my customers. I didn't even dip into the cookie dough.

I measured a cup of rice and stuck to that..
For a sweet treat.. had an apple, Sweet Tango. YUM!

I was done working by 1:00pm.. off to the bank and Cub foods. I passed by M&M.. actually thought about buying a bag.. you know, for the kids and to fill the candy jar. Nope.. I knew I'd want to eat a handful or more so I kept walking.

Here's what I purchased at Cub.
pretzel crisps
Cheese air popcorn (for the kids snacks at school)
Baby carrots
Bananas
Rice, broccoli/cheese box mix.

I had a banana as soon as I got home. I cooked the rice and decided that was my dinner tonight. Had an early 2:30 dinner and then had an apple.. and off to nap from 3 to 4pm.. .I fell asleep in my chair!

It's almost 5pm.. for 30 minutes now I've wanted cookie dough or the apple tart in the frig. It's my comfort food..

Instead.. I've been on the Internet.. calorie counter .com.. Entering in my activities for the day.. food.. water.. and seeing the results.

I keep telling myself, it's just for today. Tomorrow I can have that cookie dough or tart. I just need to finish today with out it! Have another apple or banana if I need that to stop myself from eating that cookie dough! (it's also the only junk food we have in the house... go figure!)

Goal.. Goal... I have a Goal.. To eat healthy for just today! Only today. Do not eat junk!
I have class (weight training from 6 to 8pm - burning more calories) keeping me busy and out of the kitchen to snack! I only have 45 more minutes before I need to leave. I will only have 1 hour when I get home and I usually don't eat after 8pm.. I'm on the home run.... I can do this!!!

I'm not sure why it's sooo hard. I went months losing the 50 pounds and never had a tough time. I was sooo focused on losing the weight I didn't even think of eating sugar foods. Ugh!!!!! I need that strength! I need that determination!!!.. I need to do this for just today!!!!

My reward.. I need a big one.. this is big.. I know it's only one day but sometimes it's the first day that's the hardest. If I can do today...hum.. what do I want? A new facial cleanser. Yep.. that's what I want. I will go buy that facial cleaner that I saw on Dr. Oz and try it as my reward. I would never buy it other wise so why not use that as a non-food reward? Is it enough of a reward to keep me out of the cookie dough? I think just writing out my struggles right now for anyone to read.. is helping.. I won't quit.. I'm too close to making my goal for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment