Thursday, October 4, 2012

Your Goals.. Your Future..

I try to think about my goals every day. I try to work towards accomplishing goals.
I check off one of my biggest goals first. That is to spend 1 hour doing cardio. (700 calories burned)

My 2nd goals is to eat healthy. Easier said then done. I usually start off my day by eating fruit.. then as the day goes on I lose focus on my goal. I'm not sure why I do this day in and day out. I sabotage my efforts with little thought. I'm guessing that's why people blow off working out. It's easy to say it's a goal then not to follow through.

I need to change my thinking.. Change my goals to break it down smaller, so I can accomplish my goals. So I'm going to change my healthy eating goal to this...

AM- Goal to eat Fruit (stay around 600 calories and no more)
Noon- Veggies, fruit (stay around 600 calories
Evening - Veggies (stay around 600 calories
Snack.. My biggest challenge! What do I need to eat or want to eat for a snack? (200 calories)
2000 calories per day!

Snack Ideas:
Raspberries
Apple
Carrots & low cal ranch dip
air popped popcorn
Sweet potato - microwaved plain
Banana

Veggies I like:
Brussels sprouts
Asparagus
Sweet potatoes
Corn
Salsa
Guacamole
Squash
Zucchini
Parsnips
Carrots
Broccoli
Mushrooms
Lettuce
Onions
Peppers

Lunch Choices:
Rice/Salsa
Veggie soup
Sweet potato
Salad w/low fat dressing

B-fast Ideas;
Scrambled Eggs
Any fruit
Canadian bacon


I need to stick to my list! I can add healthy choices. This will help me reach my goals of health eating by identifying the foods I can go to when I'm hungry. This list will help me choose wisely. I might not stay within my 2000 calories per the day but I need to stick to my list. Eventually, I can work on lowering calories.

I'm going to print out my list and stick it on the frig. This way I will have a reference for when I'm hungry. I can see my choices and see if I come up with other healthy options to add to my list! Try it with me.. lets see how we do! A challenge!

Today:
B-fast: 1 cinn bagel w/ smart butter (250)
           2 med bananas  (200)

Lunch:  1 c. Rice/salsa (300)
                  Apple (100)

Snack banana (100)
          Apple (100)

Dinner: Rice, cheese and broccoli

The hardest part of my day... Snacks and dinner. The hours between 1 and 7pm... Time to make some changes.. Time to work on those healthy eating goals







No comments:

Post a Comment