Sunday, October 14, 2012

The Next Day


Here it is.. 4:43am the next day after running 13.1 miles. I couldn't sleep well. My legs ached and it probably didn't help that I napped yesterday for over an hour.

I woke up, took 2 Excedrin. For the most part, I feel good. Just a little stiff/sore like I expect I'd feel. My 2 left toes are not going to feel any better today! I'm afraid to put on shoes! I have one black toe nail, but that was a previous blackened toe.. It was feeling good and now.. yikes! Lots of pressure and very sore to the touch along with the toe next to it.. my toe nail was already extra thick from growing a  nail on top of another and now it is coming up once again.. Not sure if I will lose it, probably not but it sure is sore!

It's funny how I didn't feel a thing when running. I thought my feet felt great. Oh so very wrong! My right toes are all fine... but not the lefties!

Where it hurts most on my legs is my thighs. I'm sure its just from the extra speed in running 13.1 miles. I've never ran that fast (8:55 per mile time)for as long. When I did run this summer, I'd do a 10 min mile.. nice and slow.. with a rest every 4 miles or less. It's not like my thighs are killing me.. they are just a little tight.. I probably should stretch, which I will soon.

I won't be running today.. Monday- YES!!! I'll have to recover by doing my cardio on the cross ramp to give my toes a break! No running outdoors for awhile..

Yesterday, I was 100% sure I'd never run a full marathon 26 miles and I am going to stick with that! I'm not sure if I'd have any toe nails by the end!! Plus, I have a bad habit of not wanting to eat or drink much before a race. I had a hard time recovering after this race. Then again, I always feel the same after each race.. I have to take at least 30 minutes to recover.. sit, drink water, eat a banana and a bagel..

So here I am.. the next day.. already planning next years half marathon training!

My plan.. run 13 miles without stopping 1x a week at a slow 10 min mile pace. Tape toe nails? lol...

I'll be back again next year... I know.. I know.. why oh why do I want to do it again! lol... Because I'm a runner..

No comments:

Post a Comment