Monday, October 15, 2012

Fresh and New!

I feel fresh and new again today. I did my morning workout.. ran for an hour, 6 miles on the cross ramp and I feel great! I took Sunday off from running. It was a day to rest and relax.. I did just that!

Looking back at the race on Saturday, I would have liked to watch others behind me cross the finish line. It would have been nice to help cheer on those people and see the ones I passed up. I was too busy recovering to even think about being able to do that. I ran the 2 mile race in Apple Valley on the 4th of July with Steve, Celina and Logan. The thing I like best about that race, it was short.. only 2 miles, I finished before everyone else, I was able to recover quickly and cheer on my kids and Steve watching them cross the finish line. It was a great feeling to be there for them and to see the last woman cross the finish line running.

I'm sure my race goals will change over time. Maybe my only goal will be to race it slow enough to recover quickly and then just stand there until the last person arrives to cheer them on.

I'm looking forward to my next race in a few weeks.. the Savage 4 miles. This race will be at 2pm. late in the day.. so not sure how that will feel not running in the early morning hours? My goal for this one? I'm not sure.. there is a certain point, where your personal best can't keep getting faster and faster. I'm not sure I always need to run them fast. I guess for this race, I'll just see how I feel that day and just run it for fun, no need to worry about time as I've accomplished more this year in running then I ever imagined! So get out there and IMAGINE BIG!! I did it.. you can too!


No comments:

Post a Comment