Saturday, October 27, 2012

The Wait!


Here is it... 9:02 am and I'm waiting. I'm waiting until 2pm when I can run 4 miles in the Savage Halloween fun run. I've never ran in an afternoon race. I'd rather just get up early like every day, wait around until 9am and run my 30 minute race.

I'm going to look at this late in the day, race start as a good thing.. Here's why! I slept last night.. In fact, I slept really good. I even got to sleep in for the first time in ages until 8am. I got to eat breakfast and I'll be able to hopefully, eat lunch. I should eat lunch to have some energy!!

On the not so positive side.. I just don't like having to wait to run until late in the afternoon. I'm going to worry about it all day. Too much time to change my mind.. to much time to sit around and wait.. and wait..

This is a Halloween fun run. I'm wearing a fun Hello Kitty shirt. This is my costume..simple but I'm still taking part in the dressing up part. Might need to do some type of costume.. shirt for every run from now on.. something to think about!!

Today's race my goals are to:
1. Have fun running it
2. Just to run to get exercise
3. Compete against myself for a better time
4. Maybe place in my age group 1-4th.. (I really want first.. but there is nothing wrong with any place as some people don't ever get to experience that!) (plus, my excitement of placing is short lived..)
5. Just do it!!!!! No matter what!!!!

After today's race, we just have the Turkey Day race in Hastings. I'll be running with the kids in the 1 mile.. Easy stuff.. plenty of people and a good way to start the day before the big feast! No placing involved.. it's just to do it with my kids.. get out and enjoy the day what ever it's like!! Plus, dress up like a turkey for fun..

So here I sit.. plenty to do today.. that I should do.. wait and wait.. the waiting game!


No comments:

Post a Comment