Monday, October 8, 2012

It's almost Bucket List time..

That's right.. in a few more days I check one more thing off my bucket list. Running a half marathon!

I'm super excited and nervous too. It's a long distance 13 miles to run. I know that I can run that distance but it still makes me nervous. It's all new area to run so I won't have familiar landscape. I also want to do well for my first long distance run. Mostly, I just want that metal saying I ran a half marathon!

I'm not running on Friday. I need to give myself one day of rest. It's going to be hard taking a day off but I know.. it's needed.

The day of the race, I will need to be in Belle Plaine by 8am as the race starts at 8:45/9am. I plan to run  in under 2 hours. I'd love to run and be done in 1 hour and 45 minutes and the only reason is because that's last years time in the 40 year old age group I need to beat to come in 1st.

Is 1st place that important.. no, it's really not, but if I can place... I will want to try.

Off to the Race!

No comments:

Post a Comment