Monday, October 1, 2012

Lesson Learned The Hard Way!


I always try to tell my kids to not learn things the hard way. As a parent, we have life experiences that we can share with our children, so they don't have to go through the same mistakes. The choice is to take the advice or to ignore it.

In running, I wish there was someone giving me advice, so I would not have to learn the hard way. Seems every step of the way, I've had to figure out things myself. I do read articles but tend to ignore the advice until some event happens to change my mind. Black toe nails, blisters, workout pants that slide down as I run, poor fitting running shoes.. the list goes on...

I ran 13 miles yesterday. Your feet, toe nails and anything that can and will rub on you will. I now know why runners wear sports bras. I have 2 very raw, rubbed marks from the under-wire in my bra from running. It started to rub this summer in one spot, but was not that bad. I'd switch bras and it would not get worse. Now there is no denying the fact,  I do need to get a sports bra or risk deep open sores. I thought sports bras were  just to keep you from bouncing too much. A problem I really don't have any longer since losing weight. Now I know.. go out and buy the right clothing. It's worth the investment.

Is there more life running lessons? Yes.. I will have more Ah, ha moments where I wish I had someone giving  me advice. It looks like, I'll be learning the hard way..

No comments:

Post a Comment