Monday, October 1, 2012

Morning Plan .. Exercise 101 Tip


I go to bed each night thinking about my morning exercise plan. I decide what time I am getting up to exercise. It's all based on time. What to I have to do that day. How much time do I have and how early do I need to get up to accomplish my exercise goals.

I had a plan last night to sleep in this morning until 6:30am. I wanted to stay up till 10pm last night and I didn't want to get up at 4:30am. I still woke up at 4:45 am, so I could have gotten ready and gone to workout. I had a different plan. My plan was to run outside. It's going to be another nice fall day. I want to run outside and enjoy the fall leaves and to run outside in the fresh air.

I still have not gone for my run. I plan to go right after Logan gets on the bus. This will give me plenty of time to workout for 2 hours if I choose. It will be warmer outside. The sun will be shining. I will love my run.

The only down fall to my plan is that it will be late in the morning. I will have had time to sit around for 2 hours. I will be hungry and want to eat. I will need to eat this morning before I workout since I am starting so late. I'm not crazy about eating then working out, but today I need to eat. I also will need to eat something before I run my half marathon since that too starts at 9am and I will need to be up by 6am that day. It's good practice for my stomach as I usually don't like food sloshing around.

Starting my exercise later in the day gives me plenty of time to talk myself out of it. It's important to me to stick to my plan. I made the decision the night before knowing the consequences of waiting to workout. I know I prefer to workout right when I get up, before I've eaten and before I give myself a chance to talk myself out of doing it.

I know I could skip a workout. I know I should take rest days. I know myself and my goals. I know I don't want to gain weight. I know I like to eat. I know I like the feeling when I workout. I know I had my plan set for the day. I know it was a choice I made. A choice I need to stick to. A choice I made for me.

To make exercise work and to stick with it. Make a plan the night before. Don't try to do what I am doing today by putting off exercise until a later time. Make exercise the first thing you do when you wake up.

Here is a little Exercise 101...  tip.

1. Make a exercise plan the night before.
2. Figure out how early you need to get up to workout for X amount of time.
3. Set the alarm and get up. Don't go back to bed!
4. Plan wake up time.. 30 minutes to include 15 minutes of stretch time
5. Stretch..Stretch.. stretch...
6. Go do cardio.. 15, 30, 45, 1 hr, 2 hrs.. just do something!
7. Lift weights 15, 20, 30 minutes or more a day
8. Eat B-fast
9. Start the rest of the day, feeling great.
10. Repeat, repeat, repeat every day!

No comments:

Post a Comment