Saturday, October 27, 2012

Savage Halloween Fun Run 4 Miles

Another 1st Place for me.. 31:05, pace was 7:47 per mile, for the 4 mile in Savage. Logan and Celina both ran in the 1/2 mile and  Celina came in 3rd followed by Logan in 4th a second later. A great day to run.. I did go out too fast and was at the first mile marker in 6 minutes and 30 seconds.. mile 2 at 15 minutes.. not sure of mile 3.








 

This is what I wanted.. 1st place metal! Got it!!! The other 2nd- 4th you only got a ribbon.. this is why I run!! Yipppeeeeeee

Out of 72 people, I came in #19.. I was 16 seconds short of coming in #1 for all women that raced.. #3 isn't so bad either!! 36 women ran the 4 mile race..

I was comparing my 1st race ever.. the 4 mile in Rosmount 2011, where I got a time of 35:22 (8:51 per min pace). Today's similar race... I improved my pace time by 1:04 per mile! I came in a whole. 4 minutes and 16 seconds faster. I was actually thinking, I should have improved my time by a lot more.. under the circumstances of me not feeling 100% I'll take it!

As far as the race, it was a rolling hills kind of race. Pretty flat mostly, which is nice. A lot of turns, running on the street, paths, sidewalks.. through neighborhoods and along busy roads and next to a lake.. I went out way too fast at first but it really didn't feel like I was running fast until I got to the first mile marker. I realized.. I had 3 more miles to run and I was tired.. I didn't feel like dropping my pace but ultimately I did.. I lost focus.. could not concentrate on my goal of pushing myself.  I just focused on trying to keep up with who ever was in front of me, until I passed them too. It was the home stretch.. after mile 2 where I should have kicked it up a notch.. I had no energy.. I was not feeling right, but didn't really know why? I let one woman pass me up.. she would go on to take the 1st female over all.. I never did my last sprint.. I didn't even try.. well, I did try somewhat when I saw the time was 30 minutes.. 5 seconds too slow.. as the clock changed to 31 minutes, but close enough and I was tired. I have to say.. I was sooo disappointed, there was NO water at the end of the race!! I was not happy!!! The water bottles were back inside the building a long walk away. Thankfully, I had water in the car and Logan went to get it for me. I did not love running 4 miles fast. It hurt.... I'll stick with 2 or 3.. or 1 mile.. I just don't love running fast for 4 miles.. Which means.. I need to train for it! Yes, that's right.. I need to train to run 4 miles at my 4 mile race pace.

No comments:

Post a Comment